Friday, December 30, 2011

Cricut Circle Weekly Challenge #48: Creative Resolutions for 2012 Challenge!

The Challenge: Whenever the New Year rolls around, we tend to do a little self-evaluation and decide what we want to do differently in the year to come. For the challenge this week, we want you to think about your CREATIVE resolutions and record them in some way. Do you want to stretch your creativity in new ways? Maybe you want to try a new hobby or learn something new. Maybe you want to simplify. Whatever it is, get those goals down on paper!

So to start my project, I thought about what creative things do I want to accomplish this year.  Here is my list
  • complete unit 1 of the Frances Forestner Weaving course
  • declutter the craft areas
  • enter every 2012 Cricut Circle weekly challenge
  • plan and save for a possible 2012 Cricut Cruise
  • update both weaving and papercraft blogs regularly
  • sew at least 1 garb item for myself
  • sew at least 1 garb item for Michael
  • sew at least 1 garb item for Brian
  • organize my paper scraps
  • organize my completed projects
  • do one project for charity
  • start a scrapbook
  • take more photos
Then I decided to make something I could track these as well.  And I wanted to be able to hang it up in my craft area.  So I designed something simple, used my Circut with the Art Philosophy cart to create the words (welded in CCR)  then I used some grommets to make holes I could put strings through for the little tags (cut with same cart) and I can move them to each section: To do, Started, and DONE!  I already have one as started even though its not 2012 as this challenge is due Jan 5th, so I think that counts!

 Overall sign, about half a sheet of 12x12 paper
 Close up of the little tags
Close up so you can read the words. There are some empty spaces in this sign, and no real major decorations.  My feeling is to randomly add embellishments to it as I learn new things in 2012.

Supplies
The Paper Company Natural Cardstock (words and tags)
Teresa Collins World Traveler Geometric cardstock (the red paper)
DCWV Green Stack for the blue background
2012 is from the October Afternoon sidewalks schoolroom sheet
CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge
I used a dozen different Tim Holtz Ranger Distress inks that I have
grommets from my stash, chose different ones for each hold, favorites 
twine from Really Reasonable Ribbon
and I just got a Xyron Sticker maker, so I ran the words through that and it was fabulous!



No comments: