Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Cooking with Cricut Challenge #79

Hello everyone and welcome again to another wonderful Cooking with Cricut Challenge!!


Today's challenge is "make me laugh!"    Include in your project a funny saying, quote or pun.  Here is my take on this challenge.  I used the "B is for Boy" Cricut cartridge to make this fun little boat, and I added a little flag with my funny saying on it.


I used some unknown brand of heavy cardstock I had gotten as a gift for the card.  I found a scrap of echo park patterned paper that worked great for the 'water' at the bottom, and used shaved ice and white embossing for the clouds.  The boat pieces are made from Bazzill cardstock.  I embellished with my favorite atyouSpica glitter markers and tried a little white Tim Holtz distress marker and Antique linen distress ink on the sails, but you can't really see it.  As always, it seems whenever there is a photo with a little bit of shiny stuff, it makes the whole photo a little dark.  Hope you like it!

8 comments:

Jen said...

Cute card, Kemma! Love the sparkly clouds.

~ Jen

kimmiluxich said...

Very cute card, Kemma! I love your funny saying!

scrapqueen141 said...

I love your card. Very cut boat and the sentiment is perfect!
Blessing from a fellow DT!
http://scrapqueen141.blogspot.com/

Java Jen's Creations said...

Love this card!!! Perfect saying!

Michelle said...

This is so cute Kemma! I ma loving these punny sayings!!

Hugs,
Michelle

Hattie said...

Cute card. I really like to shimmery clouds.
hattieshaven.blogspot.com

Heather May Holbrook said...

Love your card Kemma, those glittery clouds are awesome and the sentiment is perfect!
Hugs,
Heather :)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Such a cute card and I love the clouds. Super cool look!